My pal, Sam Hunter, has a great new book out! Quilt Talk is one of those books that will be sure to be a staple in your library. The reason being? It’s a full alphabet… nay… a FONT. It has every character! Umlauts? Got them. Tildes? Covered it! She even covers Kerning, which ALL of my word nerd friends are going to love! You can literally spell out anything with this alphabet.
The second reason this book is going to be one of your favorites? It’s hands down one of the best descriptions of paper piecing I have ever read. I have tried my fair share of paper piecing, and I can never remember how to start. This book has amazing steps that are super easy to follow.
Of course, the projects ROCK too. This quilt below sets my nerdy heart all a flutter! It’s a perfect gift for all of my geek friends. (Sam and I are fellow geek quilters.)
So have I got a wonderful treat for YOU! Since Sam knows that I have a love abiding for all things Halloween and skulls, she has let me be the one to treat you to the BLACK scrap bucket on her blog tour!!!
What’s this bucket thing? Well, they are scrap bins that you can make spelling out the words of the colors! You KNOW you want to make the whole set! To download the BLACK letters CLICK HERE. And to get the bucket pattern (good for every bucket on the blog tour) CLICK HERE!
Want the rest of the buckets and to win some prizes along the way? Here’s the rest of the tour guides for Quilt Talk!
- Thursday October 2 – PURPLE – Megan Dougherty, The Bitchy Stitcher
- Friday October 3 – BROWN – Carrie Bloomston, Such Designs
- Monday October 6 – RED – Kim Niedzwiecki, My GoGo Life
- Tuesday October 7 – TEAL – Flaun Cline, I Plead Quilty
- Wednesday October 8 – WHITE – Mollie Sparkles
- Thursdays October 9 – HEXIES – Cath Hall, Wombat Quilts
- Friday October 10 – PINK – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studios
- Monday October 13 – GREEN – Rose Hughes
- Tuesday October 14 – BLUE – Sarah Fielke
- Wednesday October 15 – GRAY – Maddie Kertay, The BadAss Quilters Society
- Thursday October 16 – BLACK – Cheryl Sleboda <<<——-That’s ME!!!!
- Friday October 17 – YELLOW – Victoria Findlay Wolfe
- Monday October 20 – ORANGE (her favorite color!) – Sam Hunter, Hunter’s Design Studio