Learn unique techniques that will enhance your next quilt! These vintage sewing techniques will raise the surface of your quilt and truly impress. We’ll learn heirloom smocking techniques, tucking, ruching, and lots of other fabric manipulations, and then we’ll cover how to put it into a block in your next quilt. Whether you are a traditional, contemporary, art, or modern quilter, you can add a cutting edge, yet classic, look to your next project. Great for beginners and experienced sewists.
This class is customizable to be a half day, full day, or multi day class with or without sewing machines! Please contact Cheryl for more details. Below is the list for the full day class.
$25 kit fee
- At least ten 8″ squares of good cotton fabric in solid or solid like colors plus one fat quarter,
- a clear plastic ruler at least 8 inches long (like Omnigrid rulers)
- a fabric marking pencil (light or dark) that shows up on your fabric of choice
- thin long hand sewing needles you are comfortable with (I like Jeana Kimball Straw Needles #11)
- strong thread to match your fabric (I like 40 or 50 weight threads)
- a sewing machine for the second half of the class
- a double needle for your sewing machine (Schmetz sells a set of 3 different sizes, which is what I recommend to buy)
- a group ironing board and iron to share
- Optional: gathering foot and pin tuck foot