I’m crawling out from under my rock to say Never Forget! Or more importantly “Don’t Forget about my Poppy pin tutorial” on the side bar or via this linky right here!
You will need:
- needle and thread
- black buttons or beads (I used a velvety bead from Michaels)
- scraps of red fabric 10 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide
- a pin back with holes to sew through
Here’s how to make the poppy.
1. fold the red fabric in half and iron wrong sides together.
2. open the fabric up and place the short ends together, right sides together. Sew a running stitch to connect the ends using about an 1/8 inch seam. This should make a fabric circle. Fold on the ironed fold line so wrong sides are together.
3. along the raw edge, use a double length of thread and strong knot, and sew a running stitch around the circle. Once you get to your starting point, pull to gather the circle up. Knot your thread and snip the tails of your thread.
4. Sew on your button or bead to the center of your poppy flower.
5. Sew on the pin back, looping over the holes on both sides.
6. Wear with pride for our honored veterans!