Christmas bonanza and New Year’s Goals
I have done so much lately and so very little.
I got back from my quilt retreat in November and made a ton of cards for ATCards.com and a journal quilt piece.
Then, a baby quilt for a co-worker. It was a kit quilt, with some of the Minkee fabric in it. It was really soft and fluffy, as I used a high loft poly-batting.
Now Christmas is here, and I have been making felted crochet bowls, and a felted crochet purse. I got a bunch of quilting books, patterns, a needle felter, an embroidery punch, a pack of wool roving, and a pair of earrings, which were not quilting related. 🙂
Instead of New Years’ Resolutions, I am instead making New Years’ Goals. These will be hard to keep giving all we have planned for this year in general, but in regards to quilting, here goes:
- A mini quilt a week. My stated size will be 6×6. If I cannot make the quilt, I should at least design one.
- Participate in the monthly Journal Quilt Project 2007 with quiltart.com email list participants.
- Cut back on ATC swaps that don’t hold my 100% interest.
- Try at least a new technique a month (thus the quilt a week).
- Cut back on my volunteering with the quilt guild.
- and lastly, attend at least two quilt shows, one of them being Chicago.
Pretty intense, but I have about 12 ideas for the mini quilts already. I plan to use them as fuel for the journal quilts. I’m so excited to get started!