It’s not that I was really excited to do this project, it’s that my meeting of the OKQ study group is Tues the 28th, and I will just have returned from NYC. With no time to do this on the weekend upcoming, I had to finish it now.
I took the photo in the previous post and printed it 8 x 8 inches square. I drew the lines of the shadows and lips on the front with a permanent marker and then flipped it over and retraced the lines for a clean copy on the back. That was yesterday. Today I took that copy to Kinko’s and blew it up 150%. Traced over that copy with fusible web, picked my fabrics, and cut away. I will be quilting in wrinkles and doing some thread painting on the lips.
The mole scar on the upper lip is hard to see in this picture, and the colors are a bit orangey in the photo than they are in real life.